- 2 bunches fresh asparagus
- 12-15 slices prosciutto (about amount, see notes below)
- 1 slice rye bread or about 1/4 cup bread crumbs , roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts (or any nuts preferred), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Blue cheese , crumbled
- 1/3 cup (or less) mozzorella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim about 2 cm from the end of the asparagus, leaving the bush. Wrap a prosciutto slice around each asparagus stalk, then arrange the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus in an ovenproof dish.
- Process bread in a food processor until breadcrumbs form or lightly toast and crumble. Transfer to a bowl. Add butter to breadcrumbs and toss until well combined. Add hazelnut or preferred nuts and both cheeses to the breadcrumb mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture across the middle of asparagus. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
Recipe NotesThis recipe calls for the same amount of asparagus as prosciutto; an even number. Add less cheese if desired. You can prepare this recipe several hours before baking. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. This dish can be kept for up to a few days. Garnish with fresh squeezed lemon juice and slices.
- Better Homes and Gardens Magazine – November 2007
- Mary Harris Photographer: Chris L Jones