Here is a recipe for an insanely delicious chicken dinner that is easy to make.
This is what I look forward to coming home to bake after work. It smells delicious and the meat just falls off the bones
and melts in your mouth. This chicken can be served alone or with mashed potato and corn.
Cream Cheese Chicken
- 8 chicken legs
- salt (see below)
- 1 large onion , cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and sectioned in half
- 1 package cream cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 8 pieces (about 2 - 3 cm) fresh rosemary
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
- At the bottom of a casserole dish put pieces of onion and garlic. Wash chicken legs, dry and sprinkle with salt and smear each with 1 tablespoon oil. Under the skin put one flat tablespoon of cheese and a piece of rosemary.
- Lay the chicken legs on the onions and put into the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, in the middle rack for about 60 - 70 minutes. Let it first bake for 50 minutes, then cover it with foil and close oven for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the juices over the top if desired and serve warm.
Image Credit: kwestiasmak recipe slightly adapted