Honey glazed chicken marinated with soy sauce and jam. With the New Year 2014 approaching and the big holidays wrapping up, I’m getting my kitchen and diet back to normal now. With all the tempting holiday food that seemed to hang around for a week or so, I’m embracing baking fresh, warm dinners again. Here is a perfect recipe that requires very little preparation and will make any house smell delightful. Simply mix it up and use any jam preservative and/or spice to give it a new fresh taste. Make this a warm meal and serve with rice and vegetables.
- 1 pound (17.62 ounces) chicken, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon wine
- 4 tablespoons plum or apricot jam
- 2 cups rice , cooked
- In a medium saucepan, combine marinade ingredients and bring to a boil on stove top. Remove from heat once marinade reaches boiling point; set aside and allow to cool. Rinse chicken and clean off film, slice if desired (chicken should be thawed at this point). Place marinade and chicken in large ziplock bag and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and/or overnight if need be. Marinated chicken may be combined and placed in a sealed bowl instead of ziplock if desired. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and/or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Separate chicken and liquid. Place chicken into oven safe dish; pour marinade into small bowl and set aside. Combine 2-3 tablespoons water and about 2 tablespoons marinate and mix. Add to the bottom of the chicken pan to keep from sticking. Bake for 25-30 minutes in oven. About half way through baking time, add the remaining marinade to chicken. Meanwhile, make rice to serve with chicken. Measure about 2 cups rice and follow instructions on back of rice package.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for about 7 minutes. Slice and place chicken back in marinade. Serve chicken on top of rice and drizzle with liquid glaze. To store, place in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Store rice separate. If thicker marinade is desired, heat on stove top until it thickens; a little flour may be added if needed.
Recipe Notes***Cook rice according to instructions on package and place chicken on top. Pour marinade over chicken and rice. **Use any jam preservative and spices to adapt to taste.
Image Credit kwestia smaku visit to see other great recipes