Classic Homemade Eggnog made with a modern and fun twist with the addition of peppermint ice cream.
“I was invited to be a brand representative for Sweet’N Low® and have been compensated for this post for SocialStars. All opinions are my own.” I’ve created the ultimate Sweet’N Low® Peppermint Nog Punch recipe #donthesitaste it’s something the whole family will love as part of a sponsored post for SocialStars.
Peppermint Nog Punch
Celebrate the holiday season with Peppermint Nog Punch. Eggless homemade spiced nog with peppermint ice cream, rum and candy canes. The recipe is simple with a twist all while keeping the classic Nog flavor with the addition of peppermint.
Throwing the ultimate holiday party and being a gracious host just got a whole lot easier. My number one tip to throwing the best party on the block is to stock up on comforting food, appetizers and plenty of beverages. Peppermint Nog Punch is always a hit during the holidays in our house and for good reason. Eggnog is one of those timeless classic recipes that everyone serves this time of year. I cannot remember the last time I went to a holiday party and Eggnog wasn’t served. Whether it’s traditional Nog or it’s spiked with rum, you’ll want to serve this seasonal favorite.
The inspiration for this recipe came from all those seasonal flavors that are used this time of year. I love Eggnog but I don’t care too much for the egg. Instead, I’ve captured the creamy, thick flavor of the recipe all while not compromising the recipe. To make it even thicker and a little more frozen, I’ve paired it with peppermint ice cream and crushed candy canes.
The recipe is simple, sweet and large enough to serve a crowd. The addition of rum is optional but greatly enhances the warm flavors. I like to serve both options for the holidays as it’s nice treat for adults.
Our family goes through a lot of holiday baking. We go all out and do all the holiday baking including baking dozens of cookie recipes, holiday party food, a few beverage recipes and decor.
This time of year is comforting and it doesn’t take a lot to get us together, especially when food is involved. We love baking for our neighbors and friends, too!
Sweet’N Low® is a great alternative to lighten up this recipe since it’s a zero calorie sweetener and can help reduce calories in drink recipes. It can now be enjoyed without all the extra calories. You’ll find that this recipe is delightful and perfectly sweetened without going overboard. Traditional Eggnog can have a lot of calories and by replacing it, we’ve cut the calories in half.
Over the past 7 months, I’ve shared a countless number of timeless beverage recipes that I love using Sweet’N Low® in. It’s the end of the year and my ambassador ship with Sweet’N Low® has come to end.
However, just because it’s over doesn’t mean I’ll stop sharing new recipes. In fact, with the New Years holiday just a few weeks away, this Strawberry Cream Mimosa is definitely a show stopper and a beverage to share with friends while counting down to the 2016 calendar year. To finish out the end of the year, Cranberry Mulled Wine is another great recipe to share with friends on a cold night.
Peppermint Nog Punch
- 2 quarts (8 cups) cold milk
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 5 packets Sweet'N Low®
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces ginger ale
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream , see notes for alternatives
- 2-4 drops red food dye
- 1/2 cup rum , optional
- Peppermint candy canes
- Thaw ice cream for 30 minutes on counter top. Combine pudding and milk into a bowl and whisk until it thickens. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, extract and Sweet'N Low®. Stir in ginger ale and heavy whipping cream. Add ice cream to mixture and whisk to combine well. Add food coloring a drop at a time, stirring well after each addition until desired color achieved. Pour mixture into champagne glasses and top with sprinkles. Place candy canes in ziplock bag and smash with a rolling pin. Top each glass with crushed candy canes to garnish.
- *If peppermint ice cream is unavailable, use Eggnog Ice Cream flavor or Vanilla/Custard Ice cream. Peppermint extract can be added for additional flavor.