- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp . salt
- ½ tsp . nutmeg
- ½ tsp . cinnamon
- ½ tsp . allspice
- 1 tsp . baking soda
- 1 cup pecans , chopped – optional
Crumble Topping Ingredients- optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the crumb ingredients until mixture forms of coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine the eggs, oil, pumpkin and water in a large bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and stir into pumpkin mixture. Stir in pecans if adding.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for one hour or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle about half of the crumb mixture into the batter. Using a knife or fork, swirl the mixture below to combine inside of pumpkin bread.
- Top the loaf with the rest of the crumb mixture.
- Wait for bread to cool before slicing.
To keep it extra fresh, after wrapping place loaf in an air tight zip block bag.
Image Credit: Simply Recipes