Southern Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust - 9 inch
- 1 cup Karo (light or dark) Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 cup whole pecans , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine karo syrup, vanilla, eggs, butter, sugar, and cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Next, mix in chopped pecans and directly pour into the prepared pie crust. Arrange whole pecans around the edge in circles.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Use foil to avoid over browning of the crust by covering.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the filling is slightly jiggly.
- Cool completely before serving. Top with cool whip if desired.