Strawberry Pastry with White Chocolate Cream Cheese
- 1 sheet of frozen Puff Pastry
- 3.5 ounces cream cheese (100 grams), at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup White Chocolate (same as 7 ounces or 200 grams)
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries , sliced (raspberries or blueberries work too)
- 1 tablespoon honey – optional
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Take frozen puff pastry out of box. Using a fork, poke holes into the pastry crust. Cover area of baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay puff pastry on top. Cover the top of the pastry with parchment paper and place a glass baking dish on top (or oven safe dish) on top to press down on pastry. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the weighted dish and top layer of parchment paper. Bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes. Remove when pastry is golden. Set aside on counter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chopped chocolate. Set function on defrost and melt for a minute or two. Chocolate should be melted. Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and honey (if using). Stir gently with spoon. If it is not stirred carefully, cheese will be grainy.
- Use a knife to spread chocolate and cheese mixture over puff pastry. Place sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries over the top. May be garnished with powdered sugar if desired.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe NotesGarnish with powdered sugar if desired. This pastry should be refrigerated.
Recipe slightly adapted/image credit: Dulcesbocados