Baked Apple Pies
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pecans or walnuts , chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons butter , cut into 6 pieces
- 3 Store bought pie crust sets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, sugar, oats and pecans in a small bowl.
- Wash and core apples. Core the apples down to the bottom (but don’t puncture as you’ll want the juices to stay in the apple not in the pan). Peel about an inch around the top opening or just enough for the stuffing. Stuff each apple with the cinnamon-sugar oats and pecan mixture and top with a teaspoon or more of butter.
- Prepare pie crust by cutting pie crusts in half and cut again into a triangular shape – you will have 6 large triangles when you are done. Wrap each apple in one triangle and pinch the top to hold together.
- To garnish pie crust, sprinkle an additional mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top before baking.
- Place apples in a lightly buttered baking dish.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for approximately about 45 minutes to 1 hour – remove when the crust is golden and the apples are very soft.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!
recipe slightly adapted from Cindab