Here is a recipe for a classic beef stew. It includes plenty of fresh vegetables. It is a timeless delicious slow cooked meal big enough to serve any family. From my family to your table –an easy prep recipe that will make the whole house smell good!
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 2 hours 50 minutes
Hearty Beef Stew
- 3 Tbsp olive oil + an additional 1-2 Tbsp to sauté mushrooms
- 2 lb cubed beef stew meat (1 1/4?)
- 4-5 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 ounces of button mushrooms - optional
- 1 16 ounce can small white beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion , cut lengthwise into thin wedges
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 12 oz beer - pale lager
- 3 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 regular size can of diced tomatoes , drained
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 8 potatoes (1 1/2?-2? diameter), quartered
- 4 carrots , sliced diagonally or mini carrots
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Crusty bread - optional
- Salt to taste - options
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!
Put a large skillet over high heat and add all the mushrooms. Shaking the pan from time to time to prevent the mushrooms from sticking, dry sauté them until they being to release their water. Keep cooking until the mushrooms begin to brown. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large stove top pot or Dutch oven over medium/high heat. Season the beef. Working in two batches brown meat on all sides for about 6 minutes. Remove from heat to a plate and set aside.
**To store, place in an air tight freezer safe container.