I’m pretty excited, not because it’s Friday, but I’m pretty excited to share this delicious chicken Marsala recipe with you! This has been on my baking list for a good month now. This recipe is to-die-for! Out of this world chicken. This recipe is pretty simple, so if you get pretty busy in the evening or are heading out with friends later, this is the recipe for you. This chicken is succulent and moist, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe and invite guests over.
- 6.5 oz (200 ml or a little less than 1 cup) chicken stock
- 3/4 cup (6 oz or 180 ml) Marsala
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 whole chicken (, cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 red onion (, peeled and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (, peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 lemon (, thinly sliced)
- crusty bread
- In a large non stick saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add cut up and divided chicken pieces and saute for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heat safe bowl. Combine onion, garlic, rosemary and bay leaves and add to casserole dish and saute for 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken pieces and stir mixture well. Add lemon juice, Marsala and chicken stock and turn up heat to high. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Once mixture is beginning to boil, turn heat down to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender and sauce has thickened. Garnish with thinly sliced lemons and remove bay leaves before consuming.
- Serve with crusty bread.