About a month ago I was visiting friends in New Orleans for a few weeks. I usually travel down south a few times a year. This was my first time traveling during hurricane season. I’m usually present during Mardi Gras. The weather was beautiful and the nights were warm. I spent a lot of time in and around the city. During the day we had coffee and beignets at Cafe Du Monde in the French Quarter. If you have not been to Cafe Du Monde, I highly recommend it!
By evening we were experiencing fine dining. At night we would stroll in and out of hip bars and hookah cafes and take the trolleys back home.
One weekend we drove to Florida and walked the beaches. The ocean was beautiful and it was hot out. It made for great memories. When we got back I was too tired from the sun and heat to cook the next day. Luckily all we needed was the meat from the grocery store. This recipe is so simple and delicious. Thanks Matt for sharing!
This recipe for crock pot coca cola roast beef is to die for. It literally sat in the crock pot all day while we were gone. When we came home the house smelled of good food, it reminded me of home.
I must note that we did not do a lot measuring ingredients, so use your judgment as to what might taste good. A great recipe for a slower cooker pot roast.
- 2 lb roast beef
- 2-3 cups of coca cola
- 3 carrots (, peeled and diced or a small bag of baby carrots)
- 3 medium potatoes (, peeled and halved into 4 cubes)
- Tablespoon garlic
- 1/2-1 tablespoon salt
- 1 can of cream mushroom
- 2 cups rice
- Optional to taste
- Tony's seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Worcestershire sauce/A1 sauce
- Chili powder
- Set crock pot on low heat. Meanwhile, prepare rub of garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Additional add ins are to taste but not needed. Rub meat with dry mixture.
- Place beef choice inside crock pot and pour 2-3 cups of coca cola over meat.
- Peel 3 carrots and dice about 1/2 inch thick. Peel potatoes and dice into 4 cubes each potato.
- Add 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- Check meat after 4-6 hours. Let sit in crock pot for 8-18 hours.
- 20 minutes before ready to serve, make rice according to directions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Other image provided by me