- 1 Naples-style pizza dough recipe or a gluten free pizza dough recipe or your own
- flour , for dusting
- 1 Naples-style pizza sauce or use the one I have listed below and double it
- 1 lb . fresh mozzarella , thinly sliced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil , to taste
- 2 Fresh organic tomatoes , thinly sliced or diced
For the sauce
- (may need to be doubled depending on how much sauce you like)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , peeled and left whole
- 1 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes with their juice (I use San Marzano)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium heat with the garlic. Add the tomatoes and their juice and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature and puree in the blender.
- Place a pizza stone under the broiler, I like Old Stone Oven 4467 14-Inch by 16-Inch Baking Stone
- ; heat for 30 minutes.
- Working in 4 batches, dust 1 ball dough with flour. Using your fingertips, press dough into a 10? circle about ¼” thick, leaving a 1? crust around the edges. Hold dough straight up, and with fingertips circling crust, slide fingers around crust in a circular motion as you would turn a steering wheel until dough in the center is stretched to about ?” thick; transfer to a flour-dusted pizza peel.
- Spread ½ cup sauce over dough, and distribute a quarter each of the cheese and basil leaves. Spread thin tomato slices and drizzle with olive oil. Slide pizza onto stone; broil until cheese melts and crust is puffed and charred in spots, 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!