A few simple ingredients with no-fuss prep to make this delicious roasted chicken with fresh vegetables. The perfect combination of crispy potatoes, juicy chicken legs and asparagus that will become a family staple. Comfort food at it’s best without all the fat and calories.
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus
A few simple ingredients with no-fuss prep to make this delicious roasted chicken with fresh vegetables. The perfect combination of crispy potatoes, juicy chicken legs and asparagus that will become a family staple. Comfort food at it's best without all the fat and calories.Print l Pin l Rate l
- 1.5 pounds (4 pieces) chicken thighs or legs
- 1 pound tiny potatoes or 4 potatoes (, halved)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 fresh springs of oregano or thyme
- A bunch of green asparagus
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Scrub potatoes under water to clean then dry. Cut larger potatoes into fourths. Coat with olive oil then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in heat proof dish and place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put legs on a chopping board skin-side down and cut their surface deeply with a knife in several places, then lay the skin-side down on hot grill pan or frying pan with a thick bottom. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until the skin is golden and crispy. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Turn over and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and turn over to the other side for a crispy bake. Pour any desired BBQ or sauce in the center of a baking dish (a few tablespoons worth or olive oil) and place on the legs skin-side up. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse the asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Peel to about 1/3 of the asparagus. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. After 20 minutes of roasting chicken, add asparagus, cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with oregano leaves and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes (depending on thickness of asparagus).
store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Image credit Kwestia Smaku recipe adapted