Southern Pecan Pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust - 9 inch
- 1 cup Karo (light or dark) Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 cup whole pecans , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine karo syrup, vanilla, eggs, butter, sugar, and cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Next, mix in chopped pecans and directly pour into the prepared pie crust. Arrange whole pecans around the edge in circles.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Use foil to avoid over browning of the crust by covering.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the filling is slightly jiggly.
- Cool completely before serving. Top with cool whip if desired.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!