Adult Beverages/ Best of Swanky Recipes

Hosting a Wine and Cheese Tasting with Riondo Prosecco

This post was sponsored by Riondo Prosecco through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Riondo Prosecco, all opinions are my own.

How to Host a Wine and Cheese Tasting

Hosting a wine and cheese tasting is one of life’s little pleasures.  They’re playful enough for a casual weekend brunch and double as an appetizer or dessert to any meal.

So what’s my favorite wine to serve for such an occasion?  Riondo Prosecco is a floral and fruity, light bodied sparkling wine that hails from Italy with a clean, delicate finish and it’s currently at the top of my list.  It was voted the #1 prosecco in Italy in 2010 by Il Mio Vino and continues to serve as a staple in our home.

The beverage is great to serve alone for a light and refreshing taste any day of the week but it also pairs nicely with a wide variety of salty snacks, rich nuts and delicate fruit.  After a particularly hot summer afternoon, I always look forward to a cold, bubbly glass of sparkling wine with fresh fruit.  In fact, Riondo Prosecco even tastes great with fruit juices, spirits and garnishes.

Sparkling Wine

When hosting a wine event any day of the week, I like to include at least 2-3 different types of cheese whether it be aged cheese or goat cheese and a variety of crusty bread, crackers and chips.  Sparkling wine goes well with many cheeses because the bubbles cut through the fattiness and creaminess of each type.  Rich goat cheeses like Gorgonzola and feta cheese are always the first thing gone when added to a cheese platter.

To finish the taste off, I love to add fruit for some sweetness that balances the palate.

Wine Party

Fresh fruit like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes and even acidic tomato and vinegary olive spreads are some of my favorites to serve a cheese, fruit and sparkling wine combination to guests.

Finally, I like to include a unique platter to serve everyone on.  Whether it’s a vintage wood cutting board, marble slab or porcelain platter, it’s always conveniently located next to the wine and makes for a beautiful and elegant display.

The hubs and I like to make blueberry and orange mimosas for brunch and sparkling cocktails for dinner.  This particular sparkling wine has a twist closure which makes it convenient and easier than ever to preserve the carbonation for another tasting.

22 Comments

tp keane
    08/01/2016 at 2:33 pm

you said my two favourite words, wine and prosecco. I’ve not heard of this brand before. Must check it out.

Kim
    08/01/2016 at 2:57 pm

Is it awful that I want to take the food from your pics out of my laptop and munch away? I need to host a party, it would be so much fun.

Terri Steffes
    08/01/2016 at 3:33 pm

I love hosting parties and wine and cheese parties top the list. So easy to put together and the shopping is delightful. I also love Prosecco and think it is a perfect pairing!

Debra
    08/01/2016 at 6:55 pm

What lovely photographs! I especially love the one with the raspberries in the glass. You captured it beautifully.

Ana De- Jesus
    08/02/2016 at 4:06 am

Oh my god this sounds so delicious I love cheese tasting. Goats cheese is my favourite, love the photos x

Ami@NaiveCookCooks
    08/02/2016 at 11:09 am

This sounds delish Jessica!! Those stunning photos!!

Amanda Love
    08/02/2016 at 11:10 am

That sounds amazing! It’s perfect for parties especially if you’re hosting a cheese tasting! It’s definitely something that I can never resist!

Heather
    08/02/2016 at 1:12 pm

Any time there are both wine and cheese, I am in! This looks delicious and like a great party idea!

karen
    08/02/2016 at 1:50 pm

I am ALL about wine and cheese. I like to do that for dinner with my hubs on a weekend night. Its fun to just snack on it as we listen to music. Next time I’m adding Prosecco!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

Rose Sahetapy
    08/02/2016 at 2:17 pm

Wine and cheese are two great duo that perfects to match. Your pictures describe well this luxurious treatment.

Rachel
    08/02/2016 at 2:59 pm

Oh my gosh! I love cheese and I love wine. I don’t often have Prosecco with my cheese though so I will have to try it out.

Dawn McAlexander
    08/02/2016 at 3:08 pm

Nothing pairs better with wine than cheese. Looking at your pictures, I would imagine your evening went very well 😉

Yvonne Sowell
    08/02/2016 at 3:52 pm

Loving that Sparkly Wine you recommended. I might look it up, though I wonder how hard is it to find around here. I like sweeter wines myself. So I love the idea I could pair it with fruits!

Carolyn
    08/02/2016 at 8:29 pm

You are talking my love language with Prosecco and cheese. We just went to Napa and find myself drinking more wine now.

Robin Rue
    08/02/2016 at 8:31 pm

I love cheese of any kind and of course I love wine. I need this in my life asap!

Toni
    08/02/2016 at 10:01 pm

A light, white wine is perfect for any wine and cheese party. This is perfect for a swanky brunch or ladies night!

Toughcookiemommy
    08/02/2016 at 10:20 pm

Being from Spain, I grew up eating cheese and wine. It is a staple food combination in most European homes and tastes so delicious.

Reesa Lewandowski
    08/02/2016 at 10:54 pm

Oh how I love Prosecco! I need a brunch with some girl friends for this!

Julie @ Strong Girl Collective
    08/03/2016 at 1:25 am

Boy do I wish I had been at your house for this party…this likes my kind of spread!

jill conyers
    08/03/2016 at 4:00 am

When my husband and I were first married we hosted monthly wine and cheese tasting parties. Now I don’t know why we stopped.

• 1 2