Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
I am a fan of Rice Krispie Treats, but an even bigger fan of these Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats! This dessert is easy to make and it comes together just as quickly as regular Rice Krispie Treats. Here is an easy way to make soft and gooey double-decker bars that you will love! Here is a delicious twist on an old favorite. Rice krispy treats bring me back to childhood and here is a twist to enjoy them as an adult.
These bars are filled with creamy, gooey caramel and slightly melted and fluffy marshmallows in the center between two layers of delicious rice krispies. I highly recommend this recipe for Rice Krispie Treats enthusiasts. It is made with a creamy layer of dulce de lech and caramel pieces; it can’t get much better than this! These classic homemade Rice Krispie Treats are so satisfyingly sweet and delicious that you cannot just stop at one!
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
14 oz caramel pieces
1/2 cup butter
Rice Krispie Layer
12 tablespoons butter, divided
10 cups Rice Krispie cereal, divided
10 1/2 cups mini marshmallows, see below
Grease pan and set aside. In medium saucepan, combine melted butter and sweetened condensed milk. Heat on medium, stirring frequently. Next, unwrap caramel pieces and add then continue heating and stirring until melted and place heat on low.
To prepare Rice Krispie Layer, in a large saucepan on medium heat, heat 6 Tablespoons butter and 4 cups mini marshmallows. Allow to melt and gently whip batter to get smooth. Pour 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal into saucepan and combine well. Press into prepared glass pan. Next, pour warm caramel filling over top and spread evenly. Evenly spread about 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows over the caramel layer, lightly pressing into layer.
Repeat Rice Krispie layer with the remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 4 cups marshmallows and 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal. Press Rice Krispie layer on top of caramel layer, then refrigerate.
Caramel Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats
- [b]Caramel Filling
- [/b]1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz caramel pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- [b]Rice Krispie Layer
- [/b]12 tablespoons butter , divided
- 10 cups Rice Krispie cereal , divided
- 10 1/2 cups mini marshmallows , see below
- Grease a 9X13 glass pan, set aside. If using something other than glass, press parchment paper on bottom, lightly grease and finely crush up Rice Krispie cereal to line the bottom with.
- For the Caramel Filling - In a medium saucepan on medium heat, heat butter and sweetened condensed milk. Unwrap caramel pieces and add. Stir frequently until combined then turn heat down to low.
- For the Krispie Layer (two separate layers will be prepared) - In a large saucepan on medium heat, melt 6 tablespoons butter. Once melted, stir in 4 cups mini marshmallows and whip batter until smooth. Combine 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal and mix well until evenly coated.
- Next, using piece of wax paper lightly greased, press Krispie layer down evenly into pan. Pour caramel filling over the top and spread evenly. Press about 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows into caramel layer.
- Repeat Rice Krispie layer with remaining ingredients. Heat 6 tablespoons butter and 4 cups mini marshmallows. Add 5 cups cereal and stir to combine. Press layer on top of marshmallow/caramel layer using a piece of lightly greased wax paper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to set up.
*If not using a glass pan, place parchment paper into pan. Lightly grease with butter. Finely crush Rice Krispie Cereal and spread evenly over the bottom. This will prevent it from sticking.