This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Cheesy Bacon, Potato and Egg Casserole
Serve up a plate of cheesy potato egg bake. This breakfast casserole is stuffed with premium Jimmy Dean® Applewood Smoked Bacon, fresh bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, cheddar cheese, breakfast potatoes and herbs.
Cheesy egg and bacon casseroles are my go to breakfast staple when I’m making food to share with friends. It’s also the perfect breakfast for a cozy fall brunch or special holiday meal. It’s so perfect, that it’s even acceptable to eat for dinner because breakfast for dinner is still a thing, right? Whatever reason you’re breaking out the casserole dish for, you’ll want this cheesy egg bake that’s fit for a king!
Casserole dishes are wonderful to make ahead of time. Whether it’s prepping the ingredients or preparing the dish the night before, it will truly make getting out of bed much more enjoyable. Simply turn the oven on and go about the morning with family while the casserole bakes.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make it special. My mom loves to make a classic ham and cheese bake, but for the past few years, she’s been requesting that I make this for the special occasions we celebrate together as a family. Every Christmas morning, we’d wake up to the smell of moms dish in the oven. Now, we love to prep everything for my dish the night before, including the bacon. Every good breakfast casserole has to have bacon and plenty of cheese.
Let’s talk bacon. Bacon is delicious. Bacon is warm, crispy and full of flavor. Bacon makes everything taste good. Bacon is life.
My freezer is stocked full of bacon right now and I’ll gladly gift a pint or two of custard to my neighbors before I let my beloved bacon go in an attempt to make more room in the freezer. Bacon holds a special place in my heart. It’s actually the food that broke my 9 year vegetarian diet during the college years.
What I love about Jimmy Dean Applewood Smoked Bacon is that it’s premium bacon that can be added to hundreds of lunch, breakfast and dinner recipes. Bacon elevates otherwise ordinary food. From soup to appetizers, to sandwiches, casseroles and dinner skillet recipes, bacon adds additional flavor that makes most meals taste balanced.
Be sure to head to your local Walmart to get all the ingredients for this recipe, including Jimmy Dean Applewood Smoked Bacon, like I did. Once there, stock up on bacon because there is an Instant Redeemable Coupon on them! It’s such a fantastic deal that I’ll just keep stocking my freezer with Jimmy Dean Bacon to get me through the upcoming holiday season.
A restaurant quality dish like Cheesy Bacon, Potato and Egg Casserole doesn’t get any better, folks. It truly is a big hit among our family and friends. What I love about this dish is how versatile it is. From substituting vegetables to the different ways it can be served as a meal. It’s also a good dish to do the whole weekly “meal portion” planning to.
Just promise one thing. Do not skimp on bacon and cheese, please! Seriously, you may even want to add more because it really brings that cozy breakfast atmosphere together even more. Besides, bacon and cheese marry this dish together.
What are some of your favorite #JimmyDeanBacon recipes to make as we approach back to school and holiday season?
Cheesy Bacon, Potato and Egg Casserole
- 16 oz (1 lb) Jimmy Dean® Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 green bell pepper , seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper , seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno , seeds removed, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes , chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley , chopped
- 4 green onion stalks , chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 cups diced potatoes (diced hash browns)
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded potatoes (hash browns)
- 1 cup diced cheddar cheese cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook Jimmy Dean® Applewood Smoked Bacon according to package directions. Diced once cool.
- Meanwhile, chopped 1 green bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, 2 Roma tomatoes, 1/2 jalapeno, parsley and green onions; set aside.
- Crack 12 eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 cup half & half or milk. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon Lawry's seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard powder and 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- To the mixing bowl, add 2 cups diced breakfast potatoes, 1 + 1/2 cups shredded (hash brown) breakfast potatoes, 1 cup cheddar cheese cubes and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese then mix well.
- Reserve half cup fresh veggies/herbs and 1/2 cup chopped bacon for garnish. Add the remaining veggies/herbs and bacon to mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining bacon, veggies, herbs and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Cover with foil half way through baking.
- Allow casserole to slightly cool before serving.
- Dish can be made in advance.
- Reheat in oven or microwave.