Cheesy Hash brown and Egg Breakfast Muffins
Cheesy hash brown, bacon, and egg breakfast muffins. These muffin tin breakfast bites are stuffed with hash browns, eggs, bacon, Borden® Cheese, bell peppers, and herbs.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 18 ounces shredded hash browns , thawed
- 1 + 1/2 cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds
- 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green bell pepper , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red bell pepper , finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno , finely chopped
- 6 bacon slices , finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds
- 5 eggs , whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds
- 3 green onion stalks , finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine thawed hash browns, 1 + 1/2 cup Borden® Cheese Sharp Cheddar Shreds, 1 + 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons green bell pepper, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons red bell pepper, 2 + 1/2 tablespoons parsley, and 1/2 jalapeno. Mix well with spatula. Place about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin tin cup. Press mixture down and up the sides, leaving a dip in the center. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.
Meanwhile, cook bacon according to package directions. Finely chop once cool; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Fill each muffin cup with 1 tablespoon egg mixture. Sprinkle half of the leftover parsley, green pepper and red pepper on top of egg mixture in muffin tin pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Shreds over each cup.
Top with remaining parsley, bell peppers, bacon, and green onions. Sprinkle 12 tablespoons Borden® Cheese Finely Shredded Cheddar Jack Shreds on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. For easy removal, use a spoon to loosen potatoes from pan. Next, trace it with a small spatula and remove.