Strawberry Ganache Brownies
I am very excited about these brownies. They are full of love. The kind of love you want to share with everyone on Valentine's Day. This decedent dessert is a brownie with a strawberry buttercream frosting and smothered with chocolate ganache. The buttercream can be made from blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Mix it up and create something you and your loved ones will enjoy.
Servings 8 -12 brownies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick salted butter , slightly softened
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries (about a heaping cup of frozen strawberries, thawed and blended smooth)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBS light corn syrup
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 7x10 or 8x8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Add sugar and whisk until blended. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, then whisk in vanilla and flour just until no flour streaks remain in batter. Spread evenly in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until brownies are puffy and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
3. Prepare buttercream frosting: In the bowl of your mixer, beat butter and pureed strawberries until blended. Mixture may look a little curdled -- this is okay, it will develop once powdered sugar is added. With the mixer on low, slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing on low until just blended. Increase mixer speed to high and beat for one minute. Frosting should be smooth and fluffy. Spread frosting evenly over prepared brownies and chill for about 30 minutes or longer. Note If you do not have a power mixer, blend butter and puree strawberry together. Mixture may be melted somewhat in microwave for about a minute (enough to allow butter and puree to combine). Using a wooden spoon, slowly add in powdered sugar until all is incorporated. Whip really fast until desired consistency.
4. Prepare chocolate ganache: In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave for about two minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir. Repeat process until melted and smooth and well combined. Stir in corn syrup and let ganache sit for a bit until it's cooled and thickened. Pour ganache over chilled brownies and let brownies chill several more hours until firm. Cut and serve.
** I doubled this recipe and used a 9X13 prepared pan. Baked about 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
**For the purpose of this tutorial, after I spread strawberry buttercream over brownies, I froze them for the remainder of the day. Also, I prepared chocolate ganache and allowed it to harden somewhat. Spread ganache over buttercream frosting and freeze before serving. **Freeze for several hours before cutting and serving. This recipe holds together best when frozen. Store in airtight container until ready to serve.