Strawberry Poppy Seed Blueberry Spinach Salad
A hand-tossed detox and antioxidant boosting salad with crisp, organic baby spinach, sliced strawberries, fresh blueberries, chopped pecans, crumbled Gorgonzola cheese and tossed with a strawberry poppy seed vinaigrette dressing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 -3
- 6 ounces organic baby spinach
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries , sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- For the Dressing
- *Marzetti Simply Dressed Strawberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette (OR)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
Place baby spinach, blueberries and sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Pour dressing over the top of the salad and toss with pecans and cheese.
For the Dressing
Use store bought Marzetti Simply Dressed Strawberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette or follow these directions to make your own*
Place the strawberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Add lemon juice and sugar; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add vinegar and oil in a steady stream; process until thickened. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a large bowl or jar; cover and store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.