Cheesy Chili Con Queso Dip
Cheesy chili and tomato, jalapeno dip with browned sausage and served with chips. Chili Con Queso Dip is the perfect game day appetizer to feed a hungry crowd.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 12 ounces Johnsonville Regular Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 ounces sun dried tomatoes in oil , diced
- 12 ounces or 3/4 (.75) lb block processed American cheese
- 10 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned chopped green chiles
- 1/2 jalapeno , diced
- chips , for serving
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown sausage, breaking it up as you go. Drain once cooked; set aside.
In a large pot set over medium heat, brown onions, minced garlic and sun dried tomatoes for a few minutes with a little oil. Cube the cheese and add it to the pot. Add diced tomatoes in juice and green chiles in juice and breakfast sausage. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until everything is melted mixed together. Add diced jalapeno and serve dip with chips.