Easy Italian Pasta Salad
Hands down, the best summer pasta salad! Made with fresh vegetables, cheeses, and garden vegetable pasta! Serve this Easy Italian Pasta Salad for potlucks, barbecues, and summer parties!
- 16 ounces (1 lb.) Garden Rotoni Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 green onions springs, diced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped seeds removed for less heat
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup Italian Dressing (use up to 1/4 cup more dressing once pasta absorbs liquid)
Fill large pot with water and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil then place on stove top over medium-high heat. Cook pasta according to directions ( I cooked mine for 9-10 minutes ) then rinse under cold water and allow water to drain. Meanwhile, chop cherry tomatoes, green onions, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno. Use the seeds of the jalapeno for more added heat or discard if you don't want spicy. In a large bowl, combine pasta with all ingredients and toss to coat. Serve with grated parmesan cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve. If pasta absorbs too much liquid, simply add more dressing. **Italian dressing can also be made with dry packet mix sold in salad dressing aisle. We love to use the dry packet mix with package ingredients!***Making this dish ahead of time? Everything can be combined and stored in the refrigerator, BUT the dressing. Do not add the dressing until ready to serve, if making ahead of time.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 341mg | Potassium: 200mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 470IU | Vitamin C: 10.5mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 1mg