Italian Chex Mix
Zesty Italian Chex Mix with seasoned pretzels, peanuts, Chex cereal, and a variety of crackers. This insanely easy Italian snack mix is tossed with mustard powder, Italian seasoning, and melted butter then baked in the oven for 25 minutes until crunchy and golden brown.
- 6 cups rice cereal such as Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups cashews or any variety of peanuts
- 5 cups pretzels
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup sesame sticks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (.07) oz packets Italian seasoning salad dressing dry powder mix usually next to ranch powder packets
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning dry powder
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 1-2 large rimmed jelly roll sheet with parchment paper.In an extra large mixing bowl, combine rice cereal, peanuts, pretzels, cheese crackers, sesame sticks, and oyster crackers.Gently toss with large slotted spoons.Melt butter in microwave and toss together with mixture in bowl.Combine Italian seasoning, ranch seasoning powder, mustard powder, grated parmesan, and dried parsley. Save 1 tablespoon of the mixture; set aside.Sprinkle the remaining mixture over the top of the bowl then gently toss everything together.Pour mixture evenly over prepared pan.Bake in oven 30 minutes, tossing mixture halfway through baking.Sprinkle 1 tablespoon seasoning mixture of the top. Garnish with extra grated parmesan cheese and dried parsley.Allow to cool then store in airtight container. *This Italian Chex Mix tastes best when at room temperature.