Peanut Butter Blossoms
Chewy peanut butter cookies with milk chocolate kisses. These Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic Christmas cookie recipe that our family has been making for decades. You'll always find these peanut butter blossom cookies on a cookie tray or in a Christmas cookie exchange package.
Servings 60 cookies
- 2 1/4 cups minus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch if you don't have, just replace with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks ( 6 oz. ) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract use 2 teaspoons if you'd like.
- 60 chocolate kisses prepared and unwrapped
In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda; set aside.In a bowl fit with a mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; about 5 minutes on medium high. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in milk, and vanilla extract until combined; about 2 minutes. Slowly beat flour mixture into wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated.Cover bowl and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.Using a cookie scoop ( I used 3/4 tablespoon scoop ) scoop dough. Roll into ball then roll into a bowl with granulated sugar. Place on baking sheet.Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and place chocolate kiss in center of cookie. Return to oven for 3 minutes. Allow cookies to cool then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cool.
Calories: 100kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 72mg | Potassium: 34mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 81IU | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg