Easy Christmas Pretzel Hugs
Christmas Pretzel Hugs - Easy, 10 minutes, 3 ingredients, Christmas candy. Pretzel Hugs are made with chocolate kisses, mini pretzels, and chocolate candies. A festive Christmas dessert to make last minute.
Servings 108 pieces
- 2 (8.5) ounce bags ( 108 pieces total) chocolate hugs SEE NOTES FOR CHOCOLATE VARIETIES
- 1 bag pretzel snaps don't use butter snap flavored
- 1 large bag red and green M&M candies
- sprinkles, optional
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.Unwrap chocolate hugs or chocolate kiss varieties.Line baking sheet with pretzel snaps in even rows.Top pretzel snaps with a chocolate candy in the center.Bake in oven 5-6 minutes. Candy should still hold its shape. Take sheet pan out and test a kiss by placing an M&M in the center. If chocolate hug easily flattens, they are done. If the chocolate hug doesn't flatten, bake at 30-second intervals but do not over bake. Place a chocolate M&M in center of chocolate hugs. Allow chocolate to set until firm then store in an airtight container. * If using chocolate stuffed kisses with a filling, see notes.
Chocolate candy kiss and hug varieties
- This recipe can easily be halved - Just use 1 (8.5 oz.) bag of chocolate kisses/hugs and pretzels. Yield = 54 pieces
- For this recipe, I used Hershey's Chocolate Hugs - These are the chocolate kisses with milk chocolate hugged by white creme.
- NOTE - the stuffed kisses, such as the chocolate cherry cordial kisses, and marshmallow cream kisses won't flatten like the non-stuffed kisses. If you do decide to use them, still melt them to the pretzel then immediately cover with sprinkles once out of the oven. Of course, the stuffed kisses are delicious but be aware they don't flatten like the hugs in this photo due to the filling. The stuffed kisses may just need additional time baking to allow the filling to soften.
- Other Hershey kiss candies I like to use include the hugs, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, mint, and peppermint.