Instant Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Creamy parmesan cheese sauce in this 5 minute Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta. Tossed with sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and spinach.
- 1 pound thinly sliced chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 32 ounces ( 4 cups ) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces ( about 1/2 cup ) sun-dried tomatoes in oil; oil drained and diced
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning substitute with Italian seasoning if needed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 5 ounces ( about 1 cup ) freshly grated parmesan cheese I love Bel Gioioso Parmesan Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened softened in microwave for 1-2 minutes
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
In an Instant Pot insert, place diced chicken, uncooked penne noodles, chicken broth, diced sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tsp. Greek seasoning, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, 2 1/2 tsp. dried basil, and 1/2 tsp. salt. 2. Stir mixture. Place trivet on top of noodles. This is optional but helps with releasing the steam. 3. Secure lid. Set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK; cook on high-pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
4. Remove lid once pressure pin drops. Stir in 1/4 cup milk, freshly grated parmesan cheese, and softened cream cheese.5. Stir in 3 cups baby spinach, minced garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, and an additional 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. 6. Allow pasta to rest 10 minutes to soak up liquid or serve extra creamy.
Calories: 546kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 924mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2020IU | Vitamin C: 26.1mg | Calcium: 292mg | Iron: 2.9mg