Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce
Tender Instant Pot Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce. Incredibly juicy and pressure cook in just 13-minutes! A quick dinner or game-day appetizer. These flavorful buffalo wings are featured in my complete guide to making Instant Pot Chicken Wings with any flavored sauce.
Servings 20 chicken wings
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut at bone joint, wing tips discarded
see recipe notes for more assistance
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
In Instant Pot ( pressure cooker ) insert, add 3/4 cup water. Place trivet in bottom of pot.2. Mix together onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in small bowl.3. Cut chicken wings at bone joint and place in a large mixing bowl. Cut and discard hard wingtip. See recipe notes for more assistance in how to cut chicken wings. 4. Toss prepared chicken wings with seasoning.5. In the pressure cooker, stack the chicken wings on trivet around the center and sides. 6. Secure lid. Set the pressure valve to SEALING. Select “MANUAL” or “PRESSURE COOK”; use the arrows to cook on high-pressure 13 minutes. The pressure cooker will indicate "ON" which means that it is coming to pressure.7. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl and cook until melted; about 2 minutes.8. Pour buffalo sauce into large bowl and whisk in melted butter. 9. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place wire rack on top.10. Once Instant Pot is done pressure cooking, Select “CANCEL”. Turn steam knob to Quick-Release (QR) steam pressure. Once pressure pin drops, open lid.11. Working in batches, use kitchen tongs to place chicken wings into sauce and coat well.12. Place chicken wings on wire rack. 13. Broil on high 5-8 minutes each side, or until desired skin crispness.14. Working in batches with kitchen tongs, coat chicken wings in buffalo/butter sauce.15. Top with chopped parsley. Serve with celery, carrots, or desired dressing sauce. I like blue cheese or ranch dressing.
How to cut chicken wings:
- SERVING SIZE: Can be adjusted by moving the the cursor over the serving size in the recipe card. Use this to half the recipe OR to find the ingredients needed by pound of chicken that's purchased. Cooking time will not change.
How to serve buffalo chicken wings: I like to pair buffalo wings with a dipping sauce such as blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, or honey. Celery and carrot sticks are also sides that go great with buffalo chicken wings. Use this Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe guide to make any flavor chicken wings. Simply replace the sauce and dry rub with any flavor.
- Find the two joints by using your fingers. The chicken wings will be cut into three pieces.
- Use a sharp knife or pair of kitchen shears to cut through the center of each joint, leaving you with three parts: the Drumette, the Wingette, and the tip.
- Use the drum and wingettes in your recipe. Discard the small, boney wing tip.
- Trim some of the fat off with kitchen shears if desired.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 704mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 334IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg