Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes
Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes - Celebrate the arrival of spring with Coconut Macaroon Cupcakes topped with dark chocolate, toasted coconut and whipped cream.
Servings 10 -12
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 21 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 packet SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon meringue powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes , toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add cupcake liners to muffin tin pan; set aside.
Cream butter and SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener in a mixer on medium-high for about 2 minutes. Beat in egg, vanilla extract and coconut extract. Mixture will be clumpy. Wipe down sides of bowl with spatula.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk to mixer, beating on low speed. Pour batter evenly into cupcake liners, filling it 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
To make the topping
On low heat over the stove top, melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. Dip each cupcake into the chocolate or use a spoon to spread it on top. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread coconut flakes into a single layer. Bake in oven for about 5-7 minutes, flipping flakes to evenly brown; set aside.