Apple Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad
A simple recipe including apples, feta cheese, walnuts, romaine hearts and a delicious raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Did I ever mention that I was a vegetarian for 9 years? Okay I was which means that I know how to cook delicious and healthy vegetarian food. I ate salads nearly everyday and still do even though I stopped eating just vegetarian food in my 20?s. Here is a recipe that can be served vegetarian or not! Keep in mind that this is a salad so don’t be afraid to mix it up or add as little or a lot of an ingredient as desired.
- 2-3 Romaine Hearts , Shredded
- 1-2 apples chopped
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and chopped (optional)
- ⅙ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 pkg. Feta Cheese (Use to taste)
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh (or thawed frozen)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic , minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Mash the raspberries and mix everything for the dressing.
Mix in the raspberry vinaigrette at the end when you assemble all of the ingredients for the salad.
Option: Replace the white balsamic vinegar with dark balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar or raspberry vinegar.