Grilled Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
An easy homemade BBQ Sauce for grilled meats that is perfectly seasoned and not too spicy. Take 15 minutes to cook, serve and enjoy over meats, pizzas and anything else you like BBQ sauce on!
- [b]Ingredients For BBQ Sauce
- [/b]2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- [b]Grilled Chicken
- [/b]4 chicken breasts , drums or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce , see recipe above
[b]For the Barbecue Sauce
[/b]Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
Use the sauce on BBQ chicken pizza, to brush on grilled chicken the last ten minutes of grilling or for other recipes where BBQ sauce is used.
Store in an air tight container for about 2 months. Makes 3 cups BBQ sauce.
[b]For the Grilled Barbecue Chicken
[/b]Brush olive oil on grill to clean it and prevent sticking. Turn grill on and allow to burn at least 5 minutes. Place chicken on grill and allow to cook about 20-25 minutes. I used chicken breasts which were thicker than other parts of chicken. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F to be safe for consumption. The last 5 minutes of grill time, brush chicken with sauce and allow to brown and get crisp. Remove from grill and serve.