Best Hummus Recipe
The Best Hummus Recipe with an ultra creamy texture and an outrageous garlic tahini flavor. An authentic and classic homemade Middle Eastern dip that uses roasted white humera sesame seeds resulting in a light, nutty, and flavorful tahini paste, chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Serve as a spread on sandwiches or as a dip with homemade Naan, pita bread, carrots, and other vegetables.
Servings 12 servings
- 5 cloves garlic, minced more for flavor
- 48 oz Garbanzos Chickpeas from three 16-oz. cans
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ cup tahini paste **See notes
- 1 juice of lemon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Rinse and drain chickpeas.TIP: For a creamy grit-free texture, remove the skins. Place a few handfuls between a kitchen towel and rub to loosen skins. Pinch any remaining skins off between fingers.
Pulse garlic cloves in food processor.
Pulse chickpeas until smooth, adding water slowly.
Pulse in tahini paste, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
Blend until smooth and fluffy; about 4 minutes.
TIP: Add ¼ cup more tahini for flavor if desired or ¼ cup water for an ultra thin hummus.
- Favorite tahini paste brand: Soom Premium Tahini for its mild, and nutty flavor.
- Use a tahini paste you'll eat. Try preferred list of the best tahini paste brands ranked for flavor.
- Do stir tahini paste. Mix the paste that has settled in the bottom of the container into the rest of the oil before pouring it into the hummus.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 4mg