Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
This Crock Pot Hot Chocolate is enough for a dozen or so people and is so easy to make. Decadent, rich, and creamy crockpot hot chocolate hits the spot when you have a crowd of family or guests in your house. The ultimate homemade hot chocolate recipe that's perfect for winter and the holiday season.
Servings 9 servings
- 8½ cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli or baking chocolate
- 5 oz mini marshmallows to serve
Pour milk and cream into crock pot.
Whisk in cocoa powder, and powdered sugar. Stir until mostly mixed. Note that it won't all be able to be whisked in yet.
Stir in sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
Cook on low for 1 hour.TIP: If you have a slower crock pot, turn it to high for 1 hour.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Cook for 1 hour, stirring once at 30 minutes.
Stir before serving. Serve with mini marshmallows, crushed candy canes, whipped cream, or fudge sauce.
- Toppings - crushed candy canes, chocolate dippers, peppermint candy dippers, whipped cream, marshmallows, fudge sauce.
- Extracts - Stir in ½-1 tsp of peppermint, mint, coconut, maple, almond, cookie butter, or raspberry extract.
- Alcohol - For a spiked version, stir in Baileys Irish cream, RumChata, Amaretto, spiced rum, Peppermint Schnapps, or Kahlua.
- Non-alcohol - Refrigerated coffee creamers such as include hazelnut, peppermint, pumpkin spice, sweet cream, Irish creme, sugar cookie, white chocolate raspberry, and vanilla. Also, coffee sugar syrups work well, too.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 59g | Vitamin A: 1167IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 318mg | Iron: 2mg