Capture the flavors of summer with this barbecue pasta salad full of fresh vegetables, smoked chicken and cheese in this simple dinner recipe.
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Birds Eye®, and Farm Rich® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #FullnRichFlavor http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
Barbecue Chicken Pasta Salad
It’s that time of year again where our schedules are full of activities like our kid’s soccer games and fall sports. Now that summer is over, we are returning to our “normal” schedules which means that family meals don’t get the attention they deserve. Just because summer is over doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy those same flavorful dinner recipes, especially on busy weeknights.
While grilling is a great way to add flavor, it’s not always convenient. However, I found a great way to capture those barbecue flavors and have dinner on the table in under 20 minutes. I like to incorporate as many fresh vegetables and I can into dinner and this recipe is good for that.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy barbecue is in a pasta. If you’ve never heard of BBQ pasta, it’s a must. This recipe uses Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken which is high in protein, has good quality cuts of meat and is smoked for hours. This can be found in the freezer section of Walmart®. Other ingredients like pasta noodles, barbecue sauce, pepper, avocado, tomatoes and Birds Eye Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn can also be picked up at Walmart® for this quick and easy dinner.
Birds Eye Steamfresh® Flavor Full comes in so many different flavor varieties that are great to pair with dinner. It packs nutrition into each meal and takes just a few minutes to prepare whether you’ve had all night prepare dinner or a few minutes to cook something. Birds Eye Flavor Full vegetables are Low in Fat, Low in Cholesterol and have 0 grams of Trans Fat. Our family loves to use them for our dinners.
School nights can get hectic and for that reason, this recipe is great to make for the family and have on the table in under 20 minutes. With more time, this dish can be made into a hot casserole. Simply just toss everything into an oven safe dish and pop in a 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. To save even more time, make the pasta noodles the night before and dust with a little olive oil. Either way, this dish will become a family favorite!
Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken also makes Pulled Pork BBQ which is another great way to incorporate those flavors into a barbecue dinner.
If you haven’t used Ibotta, you have to download the app available on iOs and Android. Before you shop, be sure to unlock the rebates for both Birds Eye Vegetables and Farm Rich® Smokehouse. Then, shop! Buy the products that you’ve unlocked at major retailers. Finally, verify your purchase by scanning your barcodes and submitting a photo of your receipt!
- 1 Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken
- 1 Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked twist noodles
- olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 avocado (, sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup cheese of choice
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil on the stove top and cook according to package directions. Pour in noodles and give it a stir. Cook Farm Rich® Smokehouse Dry Rub Smoked Chicken according to package directions. Cook Steamfresh® Flavor Full Barbecue Sweet Corn according to package directions. Chop green pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes and cheese. Drain noodles once cooked and run under cold water, then drain toss in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, corn, chopped pepper, chopped avocado, tomatoes, cheese and shredded chicken. Toss everything together until well combined.