This homemade version of Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix is inspired by the classic taste of buffalo wing sauce with ranch dipping sauce. A spicy and tangy snack all in one dish. My Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix recipe is better than any store-bought bagged snack mixed you’ve tried! It’s so easy to make and it can be prepared ahead of time.
Homemade Chex Mix is one of those things I find myself reaching for often. I love to load up our pantry with a big family size batch. It’s my favorite for movie night, and to snack on throughout the day. It’s also pretty amazing for game day and
BUFFALO RANCH CHEX MIX
By using real buffalo sauce, this Chex Mix recipe comes to life. Just head to your local grocery store and pick up a bottle of your favorite buffalo sauce brand. Next, grab a packet of Ranch seasoning powder. Sometimes, this is found near the salad dressing. It’s a little packet of about 1 oz. I usually pick up a big bottle of the dry mixture that they sell in family size quantity now, but 1-2 packets should do.
I use my favorite snack mix ingredients to make this snack blend. I adore Chex Mix cereal. It’s always the first thing to be picked out of this snack mix. Everyone loves the spicy buffalo ranch seasoning cereal.
In addition, pretzels, nuts, and cheese crackers make up the rest of this snack blend. Any variety of these will do, just as long as it’s about 13 cups worth of any of the snack varieties.
Chex Mix is the perfect snack. It’s easy to prepare and uses common snack ingredients like cheese crackers, pretzels, nuts, and cereal. In all honesty, this recipe is easy to adapt because you’ll need a total of 13 cups of cracker or snack piece varieties.
I love to add dried spices and seasoning or wet sauces to the batch. After baking in the oven with butter, the snack mix needs just 10 minutes to rest. During this time, the
I recommend using two sheet pans to make this recipe. I like to the pretzels, nuts, and cheese crackers together and bake them on one sheet pan. Then I mix the Chex ceral separate and bake it on the other sheet pan. Because the buffalo wing sauce is wet, the cereal won’t collapse and get stuck to the other snack pieces.
CHEX MIX RECIPES
A variety of Chex Mix recipes have ruled my life over the years. I remember mom making a Christmas version with corn syrup. I’ve grown up with chocolate candies added to sweet batches of
More recently, I’ve become a fan of savory
EXTRA SPCIY HEAT
For extra buffalo ranch flavor, head to the spice aisle and see if you can find Buffalo Ranch dry Seasoning. For more flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons to the blend before it bakes. This is optional, but it adds a lot of flavor for my spice-loving family.
For a taste of spicy buffalo wings and ranch dipping sauce, try my Buffalo Ranch Chex snack mix. You’ll love the classic combination of buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning loaded into one easy snack.
Buffalo Ranch Chex Mix
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts (I used cocktail peanuts)
- 3 cups cheese crackers
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I used corn)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 tablespoons ranch powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup buffalo or wing sauce (orange in color)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups pretzels, 2 cups nuts, and 3 cups cheese crackers. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in the microwave. In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese, and 2 tablespoons dry ranch powder seasoning. Pour mixture over snack mix and toss well with 2 large cooking spoons. Spread mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.In a large bowl, pour 5 cups Chex cereal. In a bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Combine butter with 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon dry ranch powder seasoning. Pour mixture over Chex cereal then toss with 2 large cooking spoons to coat well. Pour mixture onto second prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle both sheet pans with 1 tablespoon dried parsley. Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Halfway through baking, stir both mixtures and rotate the sheet pans to ensure even baking. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes. During this time, the snack mix will firm up.Pour into an air-tight storage container.