Grilled Chicken with Homemade Barbecue Sauce
What better way to celebrate the height of summer by taking a camping trip! Whether you camp out in park, RV or backyard, camping can be a lot of fun. Some of the best memories I have are from camping with friends and family. Nothing says summer like tossing horse shoe rings, sand bags, rafting, grilling good food and campfire S’mores.
The smell of dinner on the grill, the anticipation of making S’mores around the campfire and the sound of family and friends having a good time are the best memories. Camping should never be complicated. You and your family can get outdoors and enjoy an overnight camping trip without worrying how to clean up messes fast and get to your next activity.
Barbecue sauce is a great flavoring sauce used as a marinade for grilled meats. Take outdoor grilling standards to the next level with this easy BBQ Sauce that will leave you wanting more. No matter how you are doing your barbecue, we have a sauce you will love. This one-pot BBQ Sauce is ready in 15 minutes and uses staples you already have in your pantry. Make a homemade version to bring camping and don’t be afraid to get messy outside. Messy sauces are some of the best sauces and we have you covered for an easy clean up.
Camping is a great way to relax and escape city life. It’s even better when cleaning up is made easy. Don’t struggle to bring numerous items from home that won’t work and will just take up space in the car. These Wet-Nap Packettes are great to carry on hiking trails or down to the beach. Stick a few in your pocket and wipes your hands free of dirt and germs. Wipe off bug spray and other sticky messes on your body. The wipes come in a perfect size that will fit in your pocket, purse or bag. Clean hands never felt so good!
If you’re cooking out after a big day of hiking, you have the chance to make one of the best summertime desserts. Campfire S’mores are a classic and a must on every trip. Nothing tastes better than well roasted marshmallows layered with chocolate between two sheets of graham crackers. S’mores are a little bit easier to eat when you can wipe up the sticky mess on your hands. There is nothing quite like huddling around a roaring campfire when you’re roughing it outside under the stars. I headed out to Walmart to get Wet-Nap Antibacterial Hand Wipes towelettes and and the Wet-Nap Hand Wipe canister for this trip.
There is no wrong way to make a S’more, but over an open campfire is one of my favorite ways. The stickier and messier = the more gooey and delicious.
Camping is a great way to relax and escape city life. It’s even better when cleaning up is made easy. Don’t struggle to bring numerous items from home that won’t work and will just take up space in the car. These Wet-Nap Packettes are great to carry on hiking trails or down to the beach. Stick a few in your pocket and wipes your hands free of dirt and germs. Wipe off bug spray and other sticky messes. The wipes come in a perfect size that will fit in your pocket, purse or bag. What is a camping trip without messy S’mores, baked beans and barbecued chicken? Keep clean with Wet-Nap wipes and stick by the fire a little longer.
Barbecuing meats can get pretty messy. You can easily go through a large pack of traditional napkins cleaning up hands and faces from sticky BBQ sauce. With Wet-Nap, just 1 towelette will keep you fresh throughout the whole meal. Clean up was simple and left me time to spend with friends instead of cleaning up big messes. If you’re camping and you’ve got a fire going with food – make sure you bring your favorite fixin’s and hand wipes.
Cleaning up hands before a campfire dinner never felt so good! Making S’mores just got easier with the help of having clean hands and fingers. Forget about attracting ants and other bugs to your campsite. Use 1 wipe to clean up dinner and dessert hands.
You can find Wet-Nap in the Napkin Aisle of Walmart near paper goods. Pack plenty because you will go through a lot of them, especially if you have kids. It’s great to have around after camp activities and to clean up hands before and after dinner. If you are anything like me, you will need them during dinner too! We couldn’t get enough of the BBQ sauce and S’mores!
Wet-Nap Antibacterial Hand Wipes are:
Softer than before
Stronger than before
Moisturized with Aloe
Head over to Walmart with their everyday low prices and get $.55 off any Wet-Nap product, click here for coupon link while supplies last.
Grilled Chicken with Homemade BBQ Sauce
- [b]Ingredients For BBQ Sauce
- [/b]2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 teaspoons garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- [b]Grilled Chicken
- [/b]4 chicken breasts , drums or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce , see recipe above
- [b]For the Barbecue Sauce
- [/b]Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pan. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Use the sauce on BBQ chicken pizza, to brush on grilled chicken the last ten minutes of grilling or for other recipes where BBQ sauce is used.
- Store in an air tight container for about 2 months. Makes 3 cups BBQ sauce.
- [b]For the Grilled Barbecue Chicken
- [/b]Brush olive oil on grill to clean it and prevent sticking. Turn grill on and allow to burn at least 5 minutes. Place chicken on grill and allow to cook about 20-25 minutes. I used chicken breasts which were thicker than other parts of chicken. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F to be safe for consumption. The last 5 minutes of grill time, brush chicken with sauce and allow to brown and get crisp. Remove from grill and serve.