This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SameSilkySmoothTaste #CollectiveBias
It’s the start of the fall season which means football games, holidays and cozy food on a cool autumn night. I love to warm up with a big bowl of Potato Soup and settle in for the night. Even better, this recipe is super simple to make and heats up wonderful for lunch the next day.
This recipe is very near and dear to my heart. It’s a recipe I’ve made countless times a year and it’s always one of the top requested soups to make for friends and family. What I love about this recipe is that it’s a classic and it’s made completely dairy-free with Silk® Almondmilk.
I like to think that my love for cooking came from my sister. From an early age, we’d cook recipes that didn’t include dairy because of her dietary restrictions. I bought my Silk® Almondmilk from Walmart. It is non-dairy milk that’s lactose-free. It makes a wonderful addition to this soup and is a great substitute that can be used in any cooking or baking application.
For this recipe, start by boiling the potatoes. Once done, mash them. I like my soup creamy and therefore, I mash them pretty well.
Next, make the soup base. Start by cooking the diced onions and garlic in vegan butter. Stir in the starch and cook it for a few minutes.
Carefully whisk in Silk® Almondmilk and seasoning. Allow the soup to cook then add the mashed potatoes.
Once the soup is a creamy consistency, mix in vegan cheese and green onions.
Silk® Almondmilk is non-dairy and is ideal to use in recipes where traditional milk may be used. The new silky smooth taste is perfect for a hot pumpkin latte, maple muffins, cinnamon oatmeal, hot soups and much more! It’s cholesterol free and has no saturated fat.
I use a variety of Silk® Almondmilk products in holiday baking and everyday cooking. Its non-nutty taste means that I can use it as the ideal swap for milk in all my recipes.
It even has 50% more calcium than dairy milk and has a taste you’ll love!
How will you be using Silk® Almondmilk this holiday season?
- 5-6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons tapioca starch or all-purpose flour
- 5 cups Silk® Original Almondmilk
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 ounces vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 7 green onion stalks
- Peel and quart potatoes. Boil in large pot filled with water until tender. Drain potatoes then mash to desired consistency.In a large pot set over medium heat melt dairy-free butter. Add in chopped onions and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in starch/flour then whisk continuously; about 3 minutes.Carefully stir in Silk® Original Almondmilk a little at a time. Whisk well with each addition until gone. Stir in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. and ground mustard. Cook soup for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk in mashed potatoes then stir to combe well.Stir in vegan cheese shreds and green onions.Serve in soup bowls.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!