Shoestring French Fry Loaded Beef Sliders
Beefy grilled sliders with shoestring french fries, Honey BBQ chicken wings and honey mustard dipping sauce. It’s game day and we’re serving up a platter full of fun appetizers! I’ve kept the menu light yet packed with plenty of flavor and texture. Entertaining should be fun so we’ve built a slider bar full of our favorite ingredients to top on the burger. Everyone gets to build their own sandwiches and use as much or a little of ingredients that they want to, including fries.
There is something beautiful about this time of year and it has to do with football. There is nothing better than getting together with family and friends to watch the game. Of course, football and game day appetizers go hand and hand. It seems that every week our friends get together to watch a football game. Whether it is college football or pro, you can bet we are cheering on our favorite team with appetizers.
When I think of all the time spent with friends watching a game or tailgating outside of the stadium, food plays a big part of it. It’s important that a wide selection of easy appetizers goes hand in hand while watching the big game because we want everyone to enjoy the experience.
From football foodies to chefs and home cooks, a game day platter is the perfect way to compliment a game. I’ve had dreams about building the perfect burger and it always comes back to french fries being served with it. Shoestring fries are the perfect compliment to stack on top of juicy beef burgers. Top it with some lettuce, tomatoes and red onions and now we’re talking and we haven’t even gotten to sauces yet!
Every platter should feature fresh and flavorful food to entertain friends with. By adding a ton of fresh seasonal vegetables, we turned our platter into something everyone can enjoy. It features grilled beef burgers topped with fresh vegetables and shoestring fries as well Honey BBQ Wings that are eqality delicious dipped in our homemade Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce. Some of the best memories I have are from pregame or tailgating where there’s plenty of drinks and food served.
This platter is pretty hassle free to put together in under an hour. The shoestring fries are a great addition to add some flavor and texture to the sliders. Really all you’ll need are 3 large russet potatoes, a few cups of oil for frying, garlic salt and parsley. They take the longest but with a good medallion or slicer and knife, the time can be cut in half.
Once they hit the fryer, it’s time to prepare the chicken and beef burgers. Everything comes together in the last 20 minutes or so and can be arranged on a chalkboard or wood cutting board.
I’ve used Ball Park® Flame Grilled Beef Patty & Tyson® Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Wyngz Any’tizers® as the base of game day food. What’s great is that they both can be tossed onto the grill while tailgating and prepared in a cinch, although you’ll want to use foil with the chicken wings. Even better is the fact that the shoestring fries can be tossed onto the grill in a pot with some oil and fried in a matter of minutes.
When you’ve done plenty of grilling, you know these things. If you plan on staying in, they can both me made on the stove top or oven as well.
No matter the team you’re cheering for, you’ll stay satisfying with an appetizer board. No matter what team you’re on, you’re bound to mingle with friends and snack on some food. What better way to get involved than to make something for everyone to enjoy.
Score a touchdown this year and make your own appetizer! The best part is that these appetizers can go from a game day touchdown to the supper table any day of the week!
I swear I could eat this for every game. For real though, it’s awesome! Both Ball Park® Flame Grilled Beef Patty & Tyson® Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Wyngz Any’tizers® can be purchased at Walmart® where I got mine.
Shoestring Fries Beef Sliders with Honey BBQ Chicken Wings + Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- 5 large russet potatoes (, thinly sliced**)
- 3 cups canola oil/vegetable oil
- Garlic Salt
- Parsley (, dry)
- Tyson® Honey BBQ Boneless Chicken Wyngz Any'tizers®
- Ball Park® Flame Grilled Beef Patty
- 6 buns
- 6 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large red onion (, sliced)
- Kale or lettuce
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Wash and peel potatoes. Using a mandolin or a knife, carefully slice potatoes into long, super thin strips. Have a large bowl with ice water and place sliced potatoes in ice water bath. Soak for 5 minutes then rinse water and dry off. Heat oil in large pot on stove top to high heat. Place small batches into oil and allow to fry until golden brown then transfer to paper towel. Toss with garlic salt and parsley flakes while they are still hot. Repeat frying potatoes until done.
- Heat oven according to package directions for the chicken wings. Heat stove top according to package directions for the beef burgers. Toast buns, if desired. Slice tomatoes, lettuce and onions. Meanwhile, prepare the honey mustard dipping sauce in a small bowl and mix to combine; set aside.
- To build burger, place cheese on top while still warm. I assembled with ketchup first, burger, cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce and topped with a generous amount of shoestring fries. Serve wings and fries with Honey Mustard dipping sauce, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson® and Ball Park®. The opinions and text are all mine.