Oreo cookie bottom, Creamy cheesecake flavored with vanilla and chocolate Oreo Cookie crumbs baked into cupcakes with a milk chocolate ganache topping.
If you love cheesecake, Oreo cookies and chocolate, you’ll love this simply delicious cheesecake. We’re taking cheesecake to the next level with this Oreo cookie bottom dessert with chocolate ganache. Homemade cheesecake cupcakes are made from scratch with a delectably moist cheesecake filling. Each cupcake is stuffed with Oreo cookie crumbs and topped with a generous amount of silky milk chocolate ganache.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires few ingredients. To get started, line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners and place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl fit with a mixer, beat sugar and cream cheese. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and continue to beat on low. Add one egg at a time and beat on low until combined.
Crush remaining Oreo Cookies and fold crumbs into the cheesecake batter.
Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, about 4/5 to the top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before placing into the refrigerator for a few hours. Note that the top of the cheesecake will probably rise, but will sink slightly while they cool.
Prepare the ganache topping by heating up the heavy cream then adding the milk chocolate chips and stirring until melted. Allow ganache to set for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Dunk each cheesecake into the ganache and serve cookie bottom up.
Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 20 Oreo Cookies , divided
- 2 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and place 1 Oreo cookie at the bottom of each.
- In a large mixing bowl fit with a mixer, combine sugar and cream cheese and beat until blended. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and add an egg at a time, beating on low after each egg until blended.
- Crush remaining Oreo Cookies and fold into the batter. Scoop batter into liners and fill 4/5 way to the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least a few hours.
- To make the topping, combine heavy cream and chips in microwave safe dish or stove top. Heat for about 1 minute and stir chips to melt. Allow mixture to set a little in refrigerator then dunk cupcakes into it.