Soft and chewy, melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookie fruit cups. If you are a fan of traditional fruit pizza, you will be delighted with these sugar cookie fruit cups.
Sugar Cookie Cups
These Sugar Cookie Cups are fresh, fruity and totally perfect for summer. They are easy to prepare, use minimal ingredients and are the perfect bite sized little treat to accompany and meal or occasion. This is the perfect recipe for the traditional sugar cookie and fruit pizza but, with a twist.
Pre-made sugar cookie dough is placed into a muffin cup pan and baked in under 10 minutes. Next, layer a lighter frosting recipe on top then place an assortment of fruit on the top. These are the perfect bite sized little treats to control cravings and portion sizes. And if you want more than one, I wont judge.
They are addicting. Use your favorite in season fruits such as, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and oranges. Each cookie is moist and chewy with a delicate scoop of whip cream and cream cheese frosting balanced with your favorite fruits.
Truly, this is such an easy and delicious dessert recipe. It’s perfect for an after school snack or after dinner dessert. These sugar cookie fruit cups can be made even lighter by skipping the canned frosting and substituting with reduced fat cool whip whipped cream.
Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 package sugar cookie dough
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 1 small container cool whip
- assortment of fruit
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Grease muffin tin cups. Dice assorted fruit; set aside. Press sugar cookie dough into individual tin cups. Bake for 8-12 minutes just until edges are slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once completely cool, poke along cookie cup edge in 4 different locations until it pops out.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup cool whip and 1 cup frosting then whip to combine well. Spread about 1 tablespoons into each cookie cup. Place diced fruit on top.
- To store, place back in muffin cup and cover then refrigerate.
Recipe NotesFruit Assortments: Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Grapes (red or green), Kiwi, Oranges, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries