Apple Raspberry Vinaigrette Salad
A simple recipe including apples, feta cheese, walnuts, romaine hearts and a delicious raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Did I ever mention that I was a vegetarian for 9 years? Okay I was which means that I know how to cook delicious and healthy vegetarian food. I ate salads nearly everyday and still do even though I stopped eating just vegetarian food in my 20?s. Here is a recipe that can be served vegetarian or not! Keep in mind that this is a salad so don’t be afraid to mix it up or add as little or a lot of an ingredient as desired.Print l Pin l Rate l
- 2-3 Romaine Hearts (, Shredded)
- 1-2 apples chopped
- 8 slices bacon (, cooked and chopped (optional))
- ⅙ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 pkg. Feta Cheese ((Use to taste))
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh ((or thawed frozen))
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large clove garlic (, minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the raspberries and mix everything for the dressing.
- Mix in the raspberry vinaigrette at the end when you assemble all of the ingredients for the salad.
- Option: Replace the white balsamic vinegar with dark balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar or raspberry vinegar.