Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt
The ultimate soft baked and chewy double chocolate cookies with sea salt. A chocolate fanatic’s dream cookie made with coffee.
Cookies are a classic dessert no matter what age or occasion. I think we can all agree that cookies are the most beloved dessert of all time and for a good reason. Most cookie cookie recipes start with the same basic ingredients and technique such as sugar and butter. However, this cookie recipe has an added ingredient that truly heightens the chocolate flavor.
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. I don’t know about you but when I want cookies, I want a recipe that requires little time to make and no refrigoration. I mean, the last thing I want to do is wait a few hours just to bake the cookies. When I want a cookie, I want to devour it right that second.
What I love about this recipe is that it literally takes about 20 minutes from start to finish.
This recipe uses mocha coffee to highlight the chocolate flavor even more. It’s truly a chocolate lover’s dream cookie! The sea salt on top takes this cookie from sweet to savory; something I love to do with chocolate.
If you love soft baked and chewy cookies, you’ll love this recipe.
Soft Baked Chocolate Cookies are delicious. They are like a little slice of heaven baked into a chewy dessert that can be savored. It’s one of my favorite flavors to experiential with and when you try these cookies, you’ll understand why. If you’re a chocolate lover, this cookie recipe is for you. If you love soft and chewy cookies, this recipe is for you and finally, if you enjoy simple recipes, this is the one for you!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mocha coffee (, brewed)
- 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- sea salt (, to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 + 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, and vanilla extract until just incorporated.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing in liquid coffee as you go.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Dough should be slightly sticky and not stick to hands. If too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate remaining dough in between baking until ready to use again.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.