Pan seared sun-dried tomatoes and oven-roasted chicken with sauteed mushrooms, garlic, and spinach added to a rich and flavorful creamy mozzarella marinara sauce with penne pasta. Pan tossed with parmesan cheese and herbs to give a robust Tuscan flavor. A truly simple dish to make for dinner or to serve for a dinner party with a glass of wine. This chicken mozzarella pasta with sun-dried tomatoes recipe will become a family favorite.
It’s not often that I get to make pasta but when I do, I want it to be full of flavor and include my favorite ingredients. For me, the ingredients need to be simple and the recipe needs to be something I can make in a pinch.
I bake a lot of chicken throughout the week and a large portion of dinners are planned around this main star ingredient. I like to experiment and try new recipes that I know will taste great with poultry.
I keep the family approved recipes on index cards and rotate chicken dishes quite frequently. This way, our family is able to enjoy a variety of chicken recipes without actually getting tired of the same old dishes night after night.
Over the years I’ve gotten wiser about the food and more specifically about the chicken I feed our family. The grocery stores today carry healthier choices of poultry and it’s what I value most as the cook in our home. What I love about Forester Farmer’s Market Chicken Breasts is that it’s a wonderful farm to table brand that makes +Non GE/+Non-GMO chicken. I love being able to share antibiotic and hormone free poultry dishes with the ones I love most.
Forester Farmer’s Market does not use animal by-products or +genetically engineered/modified grains. Each chicken is deboned by hand and not by a machine. I truly feel good about serving quality meat to our family. I can taste the difference and enjoy preparing dishes I know our family will love.
Even better is the fact that this wholesome chicken is sold at an affordable price at Sam’s Club. Be sure to use this product locator to find a store near you that sells it.
Create a lasting impression at the dinner table and serve this Chicken Mozzarella Pasta made with quality ingredients.
What are some of your favorite chicken dishes to make throughout the week?
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
For the Chicken
- 3 Forester Farmer’s Market Chicken Breasts
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ⅓ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- ¾ cup half & half
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, (roughly chopped)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil Forester Farmer’s Market chicken then top with dry herbs. Bake according to package directions. Fill a large pot with water and cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.In a large braiser pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-low heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes and chopped mushrooms. Flip sun-dried tomatoes often to prevent burning then remove to cutting board. Dice; set aside. Continue to saute mushrooms for additional 3 minutes, stirring with spatula. Stir in minced garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes. Stir in stock. Reduced heat to low. Stir in 24 ounces marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.Fill a large pot with water and cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
In the marinara pan, stir in half & half. Occasionally stir for 3 minutes.Add shredded mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.Fold in fresh spinach, combining everything well. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in pasta and chopped chicken.Top with parmesan cheese.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Forester Farmer’s Market . The opinions and text are all mine.