This post was sponsored by Randall’s and Albertsons through Kitchen PLAY. All thoughts, views, and opinions expressed are my own.
Creamy tomato and mozzarella spaghetti with sliced chicken and bacon. Spring vegetables like asparagus, peas, onions and mushrooms add exceptional flavor to this dish.
There is something about pasta that is naturally satisfying, enriching and comforting. Perhaps it’s because pasta is the perfect dish for versatility. Spring weather makes for a delicious creamy vegetable pasta dish that’s served up as the best comfort food this season.
When it comes to pasta, our favorite recipes always make it to the dinner table. These are the recipes that we make over and over again because our family loves them. They are the first recipes that we use each time the holidays come around. They are the recipes we cook for our family dinners over and over again. They are tried and true recipes that our family wants more of and this recipe is no exception. It will quickly become that requested dish!
Over time, these recipes sort of become a staple in our home. If there is one thing our family loves, it’s pasta with fresh vegetables. In our home, this is the meal that makes it to the table countless times a year.
It’s been a busy past few weeks in New Orleans. With plenty of spring festivals and friends visiting, it’s been challenging to get everyone together for Sunday dinner. However, this past weekend started with a trip to Albertsons on our way to a popular festival in Lafayette. Every couple weeks we drive out to the city to visit with family and stock up on our favorite Signature line grocery items. What I love about shopping at Albertsons is that it’s a one stop and shop type of place. They have over 4,000 Signature line items that I love to use in the kitchen. Everything from fresh produce to trusted home staples like pasta, condiments and fried chicken.
My boyfriend’s aunt travels 2 hours away to the nearest Albertsons’ store just to stock up on bacon once a month! I have to agree with her, this is the best bacon around! If you’ve been a long time follower of my blog, then you know I love to add bacon to just about everything!
The inspiration for this recipe came from a collection of my favorite pasta dishes. Also, I can’t pass up fresh spring vegetables that are in season right now. This time of year I love to cook with asparagus, peas, onions, and mushrooms. These vegetables meld together perfectly with the creamy pasta sauce. The tender crunch of asparagus and savory mushrooms, onions, and bacon tossed together in the spaghetti make this dish to die for!
The best part of this recipe is that it requires very little prep and then pretty much everything can cook at the same time.
Some of my favorite pantry staples from the Signature brand include a variety of Signature brands products. This includes Signature SELECT™, Signature Kitchens®™, Signature Farms®™, Signature Cafe®, Signature Home™, and Signature Care™.
Signature products are exclusive to and carried at all 18 banners of Albertsons Companies, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway to name just a few. Many of these banner stores are regional so be sure to check which store location is in your area of the country.
What are some of your favorite spring ingredients to include in pasta?
Chicken Mozzarella Spring Pasta
- 1.5 pounds thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound Signature Farms Bacon
- 1 pound Signature Kitchens® Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 bunch asparagus (remove bottom 2/5th and discard)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 24 ounces Signature SELECT™ Four Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach, lightly chopped
- 5 stalks green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rub chicken breasts with paprika, garlic salt and basil. Lightly coat baking dish with olive oil then place chicken breasts seasoned side up in it and bake on bottom oven rack. Bake for 30 minutes.Next, prepare rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, evenly spread bacon on sheet. Bake on top rack (at the same time as chicken) in oven for about 20 minutes, or until crispy. Once bacon is done, remove from oven and allow to drain on paper towel. Chop bacon.Meanwhile, cook pasta noodles according to package directions.In a large pot set over medium heat, combine olive oil and diced onions. Cook for 3 minutes then add asparagus, mushrooms and minced garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in peas. Remove mixture to dish.Using the same pot set over medium heat, combine pasta sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Heat for 5 minutes. Stir in half & half and shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir in chopped spinach.Slice chicken. Stir pasta sauce, noodles and veggies together. Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot.