This post is sponsored by Gorton’s. All opinions, text, images or video are 100% my own.
Crunchy street tacos made with crispy battered fish fillets and mango salsa. These tiny tacos are served on fire-roasted corn tortillas and are topped with feta cheese. The best way to make tacos for a busy weeknight dinner. You’ve never had street tacos this good until you’ve tried this flavorful combination!
I can’t tell you how many times a month I hit up hip food trucks in New Orleans. At this point, it’s just too many to count! But what really has me hooked are super fun street tacos! It wasn’t until the city literally closed down on Mardi Gras Day and I was left wanting my favorite fish taco fix. Since the only stores open outside of the French Quarter were grocery stores, I hit up a local shop and bought all the ingredients to make my own.
Since first making these tacos I’ve adjusted the recipe a bit. For starters, you’ll want to use Gorton’s Crispy Battered fish fillets. I love the extra crunch of the deep fried fish fillet batter with toasted corn tortillas. The texture of fish with a soft and slightly crunchy corn tortilla is everything when it comes to street tacos!
Since street tacos have an emphasis on meat, I find that this Caribbean salsa recipe adds just the right balance of flavors to each bite.
What’s nice about these street tacos is that they are convenient and an easy way to be frugal. I just hate buying a bunch of ingredients only to use a small portion and then the rest go to waste.
With these tacos, you can use up a bunch of vegetables or just use what’s on hand.
I love being able to buy a variety of Gorton’s products like fish sticks, fish tenders, crab cakes, and grilled salmon to use in easy weeknight dinner recipes. I love to pair each one with skillet green beans, roasted asparagus, fresh tomatoes, and a salad.
With a variety of fresh products, it’s easy to add them to our dinner menu for a quick meal.
If you’re like me, you like the taste of bold flavors and these Fish Street Tacos with Mango Salsa won’t disappoint! Each bite is loaded with fresh corn flavor from the tortilla, delicious crispy fish, and spicy sweet flavors from the salsa.
With a little feta cheese and fresh lime juice squeezed on top, you’ll find that these tacos deserve the top spot on your dinner menu.
Fish Street Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 5 Gorton's Crispy Battered Fish Fillets
- 2 mangos, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, peeled, thinly diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or green lettuce
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 5 green onion stems, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- few pinches salt, to taste
- feta cheese, to taste
- 5 corn tortilla street taco size, if available or smallest corn tortillas
- Bake Gorton's fish fillets according to instructions on the packaging.To make the salsa, peel mangos, cucumber, and onions. Dice all fruit and vegetables and place in a medium bowl. Add fresh lime juice and salt to taste as it will bring out the flavors. Toss salsa; set aside.Toast corn tortillas over stove top burner flame. They can also be warmed in the microwave if desired. Heat refried beans according to package directions.Assemble tacos with cooked fish fillets, mango salsa, and feta cheese.