I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™ #SplendaSweeties #SweetSwaps
A creamy and tart cheesecake dessert that combines the zing of fresh lemons and sweetened cream cheese. If you love the tangy citrus flavor of lemon, this dessert is for you.
Celebrate summer’s arrival with a citrusy lemon dessert that is sure to be a hit for your next summer party. Lemons deserve the spotlight this summer because of their wonderful citrus flavor that can enhance an otherwise ordinary dessert and take it to the next level.
Next week I’ll be visiting family back home. I wanted to get together with a few friends and host a barbecue before leaving for a few weeks. Luckily, a friend brought me a bag full of lemons from her tree and I just knew I had to make mini cheesecakes to celebrate the occasion.
I always find myself making lighter desserts this time of year. I don’t like to bake desserts that are too heavy and I find these mini cheesecakes sublime during the hottest day of the month.
I’ve been on a quest to adapt my favorite recipes by replacing sugar with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend and find that it is incredibly simple to work with and the end result is always satisfying. For this recipe, the sugar blend sweetens these lemon cheesecake cupcakes with less added sugar while keeping the taste the same.
Each two-pound bag comes with a conversion chart and tips on how to appropriately use the product. What I love most about this product is the taste. I’ve already swapped out sugar and have started to use SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend in iced tea, cakes, muffins, sweet bread, and sauces.
Baking with this sugar blend is pretty straight forward and rewarding. This particular sugar blend comes in granules that are comparable in size to granulated sugar. While the granules remain the same size, only half of the amount of this sugar blend is needed to achieve the same sweetness as desired with traditional sugar.
What I love about this product is that it’s a natural sweetener made with no artificial or genetically engineered ingredients. In fact, only sugar and stevia leaf extract are listed as ingredients.
This year, I’ll be making recipes that incorporate SPLENDA® Naturals and Sweetener Products. Be sure to check back for more recipes in the future that use less added sugar.
Create a lasting impression at your next summer party with this tangy lemon dessert. This is the real deal and everything you’d imagine a cheesecake to be.
What are some of your favorite #SPLENDASweeties and #SweetSwaps summer desserts to make for a crowd?
Lemon Cheesecake Cupcakes
For the Crust
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
For the Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
- 5 tablespoons jarred lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 muffin tin slots with cupcake liners.To make the crust, melt butter in microwave in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, mix melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, and SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend.Fill each cupcake liner with 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs then press mixture into the liners using fingertips.Bake in oven for 5 minutes.Heat oven to 325 degrees F.To make the cheesecake, cream the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in SPLENDA® and mix until smooth. Beat in lemon zest and fresh lemon juice and vanilla extract. Carefully beat in egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined. Fill each line nearly to the top. Bake in oven for 22 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 hours before refrigerating for at least 3 hours.To make the topping, beat cream until soft peaks form. Beat in SPLENDA® then frost cupcakes. Top with lemon curd.Store cupcakes in refrigerator.