Molten Lava Cake – Chocolate Souffle
Dig into this sinfully rich and delicious chocolate cake with an ooey-gooey chocolate center. This simple recipe makes four single serving molten lava cakes with warm chocolate lava centers.
Truly a chocolate lover’s dream, this chocolate souffle has a delicious molten center and a light, springy cake. You might not be able to eat just one and that’s okay! Chocolate dessert cakes are great for the holidays, parties and romantic dinners.
Light, airy and simply decadent. Molten lava cakes or chocolate souffles are any chocolate lover’s dream dessert. This dessert is a lot of fun and traditionally they are called lava cakes because of the melting, oozing chocolate that pours out of the center when eating it. This sinfully delicious dessert won’t disappoint.
Molten Lava cakes are made from a base of melted chocolate and egg yolks. Rich and light, souffles and lava cakes make a presence at dinner party and will dazzle your friends and family.
Chocolate souffles are simply elegant. They can be dressed up and garnished a number of different ways.
Simply adding fresh fruit like raspberries, blackberries and strawberries to the plate with grated chocolate and chocolate sauce make this dish one of my favorite desserts.
Add whipped cream or ice cream and dust with powdered sugar to top the cake off.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup or 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder , for dusting
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar - garnish
- chocolate sauce - to garnish
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F and prepare 4 souffle cups by brushing with melted butter.
- In a heat safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter over simmering water, stir until smooth. Add Powdered sugar and stir. Add egg yolks and egg then stir. Add flour and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter equally in souffle cups and bake for 13-14 minutes until the sides are set.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes then transfer them on serving plates. Dust powdered sugar and cocoa powder on each right before serving. Drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!