Pumpkin Muffins with Cinnamon Sugar
Warm cinnamon sugar donut muffins made with real pumpkin and spiced to perfection make this one of my favorite autumn treats.
Saying goodbye to summer is never easy and when you feel that first crisp breeze, you know that summer is is gone and fall is in the air. Welcoming September is a little easier knowing that I get to take out all the warm and cozy sweaters from storage and can start wearing them again. Nothing beats the smell of cinnamon sticks and crisp apples stewing in a pot of water on the stove top. The aroma is inviting and refreshing and one I fall in love with every time. October is a little more inviting knowing that I get in indulge in all my favorite pumpkin and apple desserts with my friends and family. Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Caramel Apple Crisp, like this one, are a must! Getting to wear cozy sweaters, fashionable boots and sipping on lattes while taking a nature walk and watching the leaves change is something I look forward to each year. There are so many things to love about the fall season, including football!
It’s that time of year where baking with delicious fall harvest flavors makes fall my favorite season. If you are anything like me and love autumn baking but saying goodbye to summer is tough, these pumpkin muffins will make the transition a little easier. I love waking up on a breezy Saturday morning and starting a fire to warm up. By mid afternoon, I’m curled up on the couch reading a good book, drinking a warm pumpkin spice latte and indulging in these cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins.
With this recipe you can use a mini muffin pan or a regular one. This pumpkin recipe will transform your morning. Popping mini muffins in your mouth on the go for breakfast makes this recipe a must on busy weekdays. This recipe is one of my favorite pumpkin treats and it’s make with real pumpkin!
If you are looking food something with pumpkin flavors, this is the recipe for you. It’s so easy to prepare and is one you will make over and over again. This sweet dessert is comfort food for fall weather.
- [b]Pumpkin Muffins
- [/b]1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree ((not pumpkin pie filling))
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1/4 cup butter (, melted)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Whisk and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar and mix to dissolved sugar. Add egg and mix well. Stir in vanilla extract then add pumpkin puree and milk and stir well to combine. Next, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently fold batter. Be careful not to over mix batter. Grease muffin tin with nonstick spray and spoon batter into tin and fill about 2/3 full. If using mini muffin tins, bake for about 10 minutes. If using regular muffin tins, bake for about 15-17 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool down then melt butter in microwave and brush it on the top of each muffin. Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl and dunk each butter muffin top in the bowl.