A truly simple dish to make for dinner or to serve for a dinner party with a glass of wine. This recipe will become a family favorite.
I’d been craving chicken all week but just didn’t have the time to visit my favorite restaurant in town to get their gourmet stuffed chicken. Matt suggested that I try making my own version and it sounded like something I could do. Sometimes it’s nice to take on a challenge.
I like to plan ahead as much as I can to get an idea about the ingredients I’ll be using.
In reality, once I’m in the kitchen, my creative juices start flowing and It’s easier to cook naturally. My ingredients for the perfect chicken rub all start the same. I adore using paprika in my chicken dishes along with spices like black pepper, ground mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and sometimes salt.
What I love about this chicken is that it’s packed with flavor. The cheese medley filling is stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes, fresh baby spinach and garlic. It’s decadent creamy filling is totally crave-worthy! If you thought the chicken rub is good, wait until you bite into the filling.
The combination of pan-seared tender chicken with mozzarella and spinach stuffing is one you’ll love!
It’s no wonder that I keep coming back to my favorite chicken dishes with inspiration for new meal ideas. Once that secret ingredient is discovered, it’s easier to include it in new dishes.
Thinking ahead, I bet this recipe filling would be delicious with diced carrots, canned artichoke and a variety of different cheeses. Even an apple and cranberry variety or chicken salad stuffed chicken sounds good!
Mozzarella Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 2½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped fresh baby spinach
- 5 big slices sun-dried tomatoes in oil chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add 4 lightly chopped heaping cups of fresh baby spinach. Allow spinach to cook down, then remove from heat and place in bowl; about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cooked spinach, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, softened cream cheese, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and black pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, ground mustard and black pepper.
- Slice center of chicken vertically, making sure not to slice all the way through to other side. The filling will be stuffed in the center.
- Evenly spread powder mixture on top and bottom of 2 pieces of chicken.
- Evenly stuffed the chicken breasts with the filling. Use a couple toothpicks inserted through the chicken to hold it together.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook on medium-high heat; about 10-12 minutes a side.
- Carefully flip chicken over and cook another 10-13 minutes.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.
Nutritional information is only an estimate and it's accuracy is not guaranteed to be exact.
Save This Recipe To Your Favorites
Create an account on our website and save your favorite recipes. You'll be able to access your favorite recipes on any device!