BEST ever Chewy peanut butter blossom cookies with Hersey’s milk chocolate kisses. These Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic soft Christmas cookie recipe that our family has been making for decades. You’ll always find these Christmas peanut butter blossom cookies on a cookie tray or in a Christmas cookie exchange package.
The best Peanut Butter Blossoms are soft and chewy and just melt in your mouth. They are easy to make and use traditonal peanut butter cookie ingredients. These cookies are among my all-time favorite traditional Christmas cookie and it makes the list every year. Also among my favorite are these Pecan Snowballs.
Making Christmas cookies takes me back to baking in the kitchen with my mom. We’d bake dozens and dozens of cookies starting after Thanksgiving for the many Christmas parties my parents would host at their house starting in December.
Every year, we’d make a variety of classic Christmas cookie recipes. My favorites were always the holiday sugar cookies with icing, Gingerbread Cookies, and these easy Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. Over the years, I’ve shared a small amount of our classic Christmas recipes. It’s going to take me years to cover all the traditional recipes we’d make plus modern holiday recipes I’ve put my own twist on.
While these cookies are just the second Christmas cookie recipe of the season on my blog, I’ll be sharing at least another dozen recipes before the season is over so be sure to follow along all through December.
Every year, I always come back to tried and true holiday recipes to make for friends and family holiday parties. These Peanut Butter Blossoms always make an appearance because they are easy to make and everyone has had them before. I think we all grew up with these peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses which is why we always come back year and year to make them again.
As I’ve gotten older, I prefer a lot of my cookies to be soft, chewy, and buttery and these chewy peanut butter cookies do not disappoint. Plus, my peanut butter blossom recipe only has 100 calories in each cookie! This is a Christmas holiday cookie recipe I can stand behind! The touch of milk chocolate candies in each bite with sugary and salty peanut butter is the perfect combination. I can pop these cookies into my mouth like no other!
Freezing Baked Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
If you plan on baking the peanut butter kiss cookies a head of a holiday party, simply place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and pop them in the freezer. Flash freeze the baked cookies by leaving them in the freezer for 30 minutes then transport the partially frozen cookies to a freezer safe bag. When ready to serve, simply take them out of the freezer and spread them out onto a clean surface 60 minutes before serving.
The holidays are a great time to get together with family and friends and bake holiday recipes. It’s all about spending time with family and making memories. Since I moved across the country 5 years ago and relocated to Louisiana from Wisconsin, I get all these nostalgic feelings about the holiday season.
My favorite thing to do this time of year is to bake. It reminds me that no matter how far away from home I am, that home is right here with me — even if it’s only me in the kitchen, I always find happiness taking part in our family Christmas cookie recipe baking tradition.
If you’re looking for a classic peanut butter cookie this Christmas holiday season, you can’t go wrong with chocolate kiss cookies. These cookies are sweet, buttery, nutty, and have a milk chocolate kiss that just melts in your mouth. Plus, Peanut Butter Blossoms are so easy to make and everyone loves them! If you’re looking to bring a classic Christmas cookie recipe to a holiday party, these peanut butter chocolate cookies are the BEST ever!
Classic Christmas Cookie Recipes
For more CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES, try these Pecan Snowballs, Whipped Shortbread Cookies, Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies, and these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. For a classic Christmas cookie recipe, try these Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, Spritz Cookies or these Italian Christmas Cookies.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 2 1/4 cups minus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch if you don’t have, just replace with 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks ( 6 oz. ) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract use 2 teaspoons if you’d like.
- 60 chocolate kisses prepared and unwrapped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda; set aside.In a bowl fit with a mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar; about 5 minutes on medium high.Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in milk, and vanilla extract until combined; about 2 minutes.Slowly beat flour mixture into wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated.Cover bowl and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.Using a cookie scoop ( I used 3/4 tablespoon scoop ) scoop dough. Roll into ball then roll into a bowl with granulated sugar. Place on baking sheet.Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Remove and place chocolate kiss in center of cookie. Return to oven for 3 minutes.Allow cookies to cool then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cool.