Here is a simple recipe for chicken – a minimum of spices, low fat, all natural with
readily available ingredients. Requires very little time to prep and allows you to get
back to what you were doing while the honey and chicken aromas spread throughout
the house. For lovers of white meat and ruddy skin. Straight out of the oven roasted
honey lemon chicken!
Honey Roasted Lemon Chicken
- 4 chicken legs/breasts
- 2 cloves garlic (, chopped)
- Juice + zest of 1-2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chicken seasoning with herbs
- Oregano or parsley (, to garnish)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken in oven safe baking dish, skin side up. Finely chop garlic and place in saucepan on the stove top over medium heat with honey, lemon juice, olive oil, seasoning and lemon zest for about 5-10 minutes. Pour in baking dish with chicken and place in oven for 40 minutes. Scoop juices over chicken to brown skin during cooking. Place lemon slices over chicken last 10 minutes of baking.
**This can be refrigerated up to 4-5 days before it becomes dry
Recipe from the book “Le meilleur du poulet” Ed. Larousse